Carpet is a great addition to any room that you intend to make cozier. They help in reducing noise and if you maintain them properly, they can last for long time. But keep in mind that dirt, spills, heavy foot traffic, and more have a negative impact on your carpet especially if you chose a light color for your carpet.
Though deep cleaning and vacuuming can promise to restore the look of your carpet, sometimes replacing the carpet is the only sure of ensuring that your carpet looks great. So if your carpet looks old, the best thing you can do is to replace it. This article will focus on how you can replace your carpet.
Understand the cost of replacing a carpet
Replacing the old carpet has proved to change your rooms entirely and have additional return on investment. Before you select the carpet for your house, it is advisable to understand the costs associated with the carpets. This will help you to make the right decision especially when it comes to budgeting for the carpet replacement project.
Materials you need
When replacing the carpet, you will need tackle tackless strips, carpet scissors, the carpet itself, hammer, staple gun, and gloves. Besides, you need dust mask, utility knives, and more. You must ensure that you have these tools ready before you start the replacement process.
Follow the following steps to replace your carpet successfully.
- Depending on the size of the room you want to install carpet, determine the size of the carpet you need.
- Once you have bought the right size of the carpet you need, you will need to tear the existing carpet and padding. You should be careful to avoid hitting the walls when removing the carpet.
- Clean the floor thoroughly. You will need to first sweep the room, vacuum it and smoothen any section with excess material.
- Start by installing tackless strips if the old ones are damaged. In case they are damaged, you can still use the old ones.
- Lay the padding and ensure that the padding is a perfect fit because it should not overlap. Remember to staple it to the inside of the tackless strip.
- Once the padding is perfectly fitted, it’s time to lay the carpet. Ensure that the carpet fits the room well.
- Once you are satisfied with your new carpet, clean the area.
Replacing a carpet is an easy task if you already know what needs to be done. Follow this guide to replace your new carpet.